List of Red Letters hidden in Unforgotten -- with Commentary !
A compilation of red letters in the closing credits in Masterpiece Theater's Unforgotten, a hidden message in each episode -- I found these in this series, but see
my list of red letter hidden messages in various Masterypiece Mystery shows. (I tend to keep that list up to date, for this and all other shows.) Warning ! My commentary could spoil the plot . . .
- "DVLA" -- seen in Unforgotten Season 3, the second-to-last episode, which ends with the arrest of a character triggered by evidence of his receiving a speeding ticket on the A4. D.V.L.A. is the "Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency"
- "Royal Court" -- found in episode 6 of Season 3, the final episode for that year. This appears to be a reference to the "Royal Court Theatre", where many of the series actors have played.
- "Museum ----ands" -- found in Season 4, episode 1. Missed the intervening letters. Netherlands? There are way too many words ending in "ands", even if it's just in English. Sorry...
- "Port Gaverne" -- located in Cornwall. from the final episode of Season 4
- "Arthur Wynne" -- from an unknown episode seen in July, 2023. He's the inventor of the modern crossword; but I'm not sure how that tied in to the episode.
- "Old Bill" -- from an episode seen in August, 2023.
- "Endochondral Ossification" -- from series 5, episode two(?) seen in September, 2023. A process of bone formation in the embryo.
- "Narrow Boat" -- seen in September, 2023.
- "Louis Vauxcelles" -- seen in Sepetember, 2023. He is credited with coing the terms Fauvism and Cubism. I wonder if this is reference to that brief moment, in an interrogation room, where the suspect notices and comments artwork on his counsel's phone. If I see this episode, again, I will be keen to listen closely.
- "Karl Westphal" -- Season 5, episode 4. This episode is filled with troubles and reverberations arising from sex and sexuality misplaced and misdirected, involving the various characters. Karl Westphal, among his other notable scholarly moments in medicine, particuarly neurology and neuroanatomy, published a paper in 1870 on "contrary sexual feeling", addressing within that paper observations on homosexuality. The paper is described as one of the early medical accounts on sexuality as a disorder. Seen in New Orleans, September, 2023.
- "Subscriber Identity Card" -- Season 5, episode 5. Seen in New Orleans, October, 2023.
- "Sperciliary Arch" -- Season 5, final episode. Seen in New Orleans, October, 2023. SPOILER: don't read further: The part of the skull which is the forehead and the roof of the orbit, basically at the eyebrow. I recall a comment by the on-site coroner that the bullet entered there -- consistent with a struggle over the pistol by Priscilla and her son. That shot would come from the front (at the hands of Priscilla) and striking Lord Hume's grandson in the front of his skull. This is just as Lord Hume described at his first interview on that day. And the same description by the daughter at her interview, where she repeats Lord Hume's statement from the time of the scene of the two deaths. Lord Hume, contradicts this at his second confession and said, I believe, that he shot his grandson in the back of the head. If I have this right, it all matches up with the superb plot twist, at the end. Lord Hume, left to fall on his sword, for his crime 57 years ago, and for all the ills that came from it -- guilty of rape and everything else, but innocent of murder.
is Page presented as a public service by John Ruskin -
ng, operational and management planning for d
or changing companie
Check us out at
|How to contact Ruskin & Associates|
|Postal Mailing Address:
|How to contact
The LighterSide Project|
|The information you obtain at this site is not,
nor is it intended to be, legal advice nor an implication of certification.
Please consult an attorney for individual
advice tailored to your own situation.
Read more about that.
All Content Copyright © 1997-2023 John Ruskin. All rights reserved.
Most recent modifications to portions of this "lighterside" sub-domain: 09/24/2023 645p Web Design Theology